Stepping Into Your Self-Worth with Dr. Orlena Kerek Episode 20
Date postedNovember 6, 2019
In this Episode:
Orlena, our doctor turned weight-loss and health coach expert guest, discusses self-worth and self-care. She focuses on:
- Shifting from an external validation of self-worth to an internal perspective.
- The connection between self-worth and self-care.
- The impact healthy parenting can have on a child’s self-worth.
- The Thought-Emotion-Action circle using both positive and negative examples
- How to change our Thoughts, Emotions and Actions
- Intercepting the Thought-Emotion-Action loop at each point to make the negative to positive shift
- Her podcast, Fit and Fabulous and her membership offering.
If you like our work, please subscribe, rate and review on Apple podcasts.
Further Information Regarding Mentioned Topics:
- Thoughts lead to Emotions lead to Actions that reinforces the initial thought but you can access the circle in each place to shift the cycle from negative to positive
- 3 things we can do when we feel and emotion:
- Act out the emotion
- Run-away or avoid the emotion
- Sit with them, feel it and let it pass
- Methods to intercept the 3 components of the circle
- Thoughts intercept tool = Thought Journal
- Emotions intercept tools = Mindfulness, meditation, yoga, sitting with it
- Action intercept tool = modifying habits / creating routines
Dr. Orlena Kerek’s connections and offerings:
- Podcast “Fit and Fabulous” https://www.drorlena.com/blog?tag=podcast
- Recipe membership “My Kitchen Miracles” https://www.drorlena.com/my-kitchen-miracles
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts or wherever your favorite place is for accessing podcasts
- If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review on your podcast network. (It will help us help other survivors by increasing our visibility on searches).
We want to hear from you! Contact Us:
- Visit us and give us a “Like” on Facebook. You can also post questions, comments and feedback about this episode.
- For more sensitive or personal questions, please email us at INFO@TAILOFTHEBELL.COM or call us at (706) 216-5490
- If you’d like to be a guest on the podcast, whether you are an incest survivor ready to share your story or and expert wanting to enhance a topic, please set-up a 30 minute podcast guest initial chat.
Thanks for listening, and remember, YANA!