Finding Hope After Suicide and Loss with R Jade McAuliffe - Episode 19
Date postedOctober 29, 2019
In this Episode:
R Jade McAuliffe ("Jade"), our incest survivor guest, discusses her background with physical, emotional and sexual abuse by two primary perpetrators, her father and older brother. She then walks us through her struggles with her own healing, suicide attempts, and dealing with the death by suicide of someone close to her. Join us as she expands upon:
- Understanding the varying responses to abuse by each perpetrator
- Childhood life without boundaries
- Ways she “normalized” the situation
- Her rocky path to healing
- Sensory memories
- Coming to terms with the much too soon deaths of her siblings
- Her crash course in self-love and reclaiming herself
- Practical tips on addressing suicidal thoughts and helping survivors of suicide loss
- Her book “Wake Me from the NIGHTMARE: Hope, Healing and Empowerment After Suicide Loss”
Further Information Regarding Mentioned Topics:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org or 1-800-273-8255 (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Eating disorders – for more information and assistance visit https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
More About How to Connect with Author, Coach and Poet R. Jade McAuliffe
- Website: www.noparameters.org
- Her book can be purchased through Amazon www.amazon.com/dp/1642794139 and will be available in bookstores beginning November 12, 2019
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts or wherever your favorite place is for accessing podcasts
- If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review on your podcast network. (It will help us help other survivors by increasing our visibility on searches).
We want to hear from you! Contact Us:
- Visit us and give us a “Like” on Facebook. You can also post questions, comments and feedback about this episode.
- For more sensitive or personal questions, please email us at INFO@TAILOFTHEBELL.COM or call us at (706) 216-5490
- If you’d like to be a guest on the podcast, whether you are an incest survivor ready to share your story or and expert wanting to enhance a topic, please set-up a 30 minute podcast guest initial chat.
Thanks for listening, and remember, YANA!