In this Episode:
Caryn, our father-daughter incest survivor guest, discusses reporting and prosecuting her father as an adult. Caryn is from the England where there is no statue of limitations on reporting child sexual abuse. In this interview, she focuses on:
- Her childhood abuse suffered at the hands of both parents
- The abuse turning sexual at a very young age with her father’s grooming, manipulation and her mother’s complacency
- The impacts of her childhood carrying into her adult relationships
- The process of reclaiming herself beginning with extracting from her abusive marriage
- The build up to her decision at age 40 to break her silence and report her father’s crimes to the police
- The processes experienced during reporting, trial, verdict, and sentencing
- Who supported her through this process
- Strategies and tips for other survivors that may be looking to prosecute
- The post-trial impacts on herself, siblings, and other relationships
- Writing her memoirs, “Tell Me You’re Sorry, Daddy” available at https://bit.ly/2WDN348
Further Information Regarding Mentioned Topics:
Caryn Walker’s connections and offerings:
- Caryn introduces her book, “Tell Me You’re Sorry, Daddy” by stating…
- “My memoir which tells of how I brought my pedophile father to justice decades after he had abused me for years is a Sunday Times and Amazon bestseller. I wrote it to give a voice to my late sister, Jenny, and all those who need to have their stories heard too.” She also states that “telling your story can give somebody else their voice”, something she personally experienced.
- Her book is available on Amazon through this link. https://bit.ly/2WDN348
- • Caryn may be reached via a link on her website https://carynwalkerauthor.weebly.com
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts or wherever your favorite place is for accessing podcasts
- If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, rate and review on your podcast network. (It will help us help other survivors by increasing our visibility on searches).
We want to hear from you! Contact Us:
- Visit us and give us a “Like” on Facebook. You can also post questions, comments and feedback about this episode.
- For more sensitive or personal questions, please email us at INFO@TAILOFTHEBELL.COM or call us at (706) 216-5490
- If you’d like to be a guest on the podcast, whether you are an incest survivor ready to share your story or and expert wanting to enhance a topic, please set-up a 30 minute podcast guest initial chat.
Thanks for listening, and remember, YANA!