The Cure for Shame is the Still, Small Voice Within - Episode 13
In this Episode:
Kelly McNelis, our father-daughter incest survivor guest, describes shame as “uncomfortable being in your own skin”. Join us as she expands upon:
- How shame feels to her and the impacts it has had on her life
- Her journey to moving past it and embracing who she is
- Some practical tips she’s used to address her “monkeys in the closet”
- Founding Women For One and how you can get involved with the truthtellers
Stuff mentioned in the show:
- Brene Brown’s Netflix Special – “The Call to Courage”. You need Netflix to access this show, however, you can listen to other Brene’ Brown TED talks including this one on “ Listening to Shame ” here.
- Women For One organization
More About Kelly McNelis
Kelly McNelis is the founder of Women For One, a global community that empowers women to embrace their voices and make life happen, on their own terms. With over 20 years of experience as a nonprofit and small-business consultant, Kelly empowers generations of women around the world to build the relationships, community, and confidence they need to achieve their wildest dreams. She travels the world as a speaker, teacher, and facilitator of workshops, helping others tap into lives powered by truth.
Kelly‘s dedication to truthtelling helps women and men share their powerful stories with the world. She is a bestselling author whose first book, Your Messy Brilliance: 7 Tools for the Perfectly Imperfect Woman, was released in Fall 2017 by Enrealment Press. Kelly has appeared in numerous national and international publications, as well as on radio and television; she will be featured in the April 2019 issues of Entrepreneur and O! magazines. She finds daily inspiration in spending time with her husband and children in her home outside of Seattle.
- Click here for a direct link Tail of the Bell PodcastEpisode #13
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcastsor wherever your favorite place is for accessing podcasts
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! (It will help us help other survivors by increasing our visibility on searches)
We want to hear from you! Contact Us:
- Visit us and give us a “Like” on Facebook. You can also post questions, comments and feedback.
- For more sensitive or personal questions, please email us at INFO@TAILOFTHEBELL.COMor call us at (706) 216-5490
- If you’d like to be a guest on the podcast, whether you are an incest survivor ready to share your story or and expert wanting to enhance a topic, please set-up a 30 minute podcast guest initial chat .
Thanks for listening, and remember, YANA!