A Deeper Dive into Shame with Clinician Lisa Bals - Episode 14
In this Episode:
Lisa Bals, an experienced clinician from the Portland, Maine area expands upon some of the concepts raised by Kelly McNelis in episode #13. Join us as we discuss:
· Defining shame
· Shame vs Guilt
· Shame as an individual experience and a product of our family of origin nurturing
· The impacts of shame
· Tools to intercept the shame thought/feeling/action negative cycle
· What moving beyond shame feels like
Stuff mentioned in the show:
· Brene’ Brown’s Netflix Special – “The Call to Courage”. You need Netflix to access this show, however, you can listen to other Brene’ Brown TED talks including this one on “ Listening to Shame ” here.
· Carl Jung – “Shame is a soul eating emotion”
· Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts or wherever your favorite place is for accessing podcasts
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts (It will help us help other survivors by increasing our visibility on searches)
We want to hear from you! Contact Us:
· Visit us and give us a “Like” on Facebook. You can also post questions, comments and feedback.
· For more sensitive or personal questions, please email us at INFO@TAILOFTHEBELL.COM or call us at (706) 216-5490
· If you’d like to be a guest on the podcast, whether you are an incest survivor ready to share your story or and expert wanting to enhance a topic, please set-up a 30 minute podcast guest initial chat.
Thanks for listening, and remember, YANA!